Some qualified employee benefit programs may disfavor owners and highly compensated employees by placing limits on their contributions, payouts and tax advantages. This may make it difficult to plan an adequate retirement income. But, a properly designed executive benefit program can help owner and key employees close this potential retirement gap.
Our nonqualified deferred compensation plans are an excellent way to recruit, retain and reward highly compensated employees. By offering valuable retirement benefits, employers can tie selected employees to the business while helping them secure their financial futures.
Advantages for Employers
- Recruit, reward and retain skilled executives
- Limit a plan to a select group of executives or highly compensated employees
- Minimal ERISA reporting
- Flexibility in the design of the plan
Advantages for Employees
- Defer income towards retirement
- May be placed in a lower tax bracket later
- Assists in obtaining sufficient retirement income
- Helps ensure that employees' heirs will be provided for
For more information please contact Loring Ward Total Retirement.